yssa
yssa asks:
Q:

what is the realtionship of mainstreaming class in teaching strategies of elementary teachers?

|

mayfieldga
mayfieldga , Teacher writes:
As a special education teacher for emotionally handicapped, I am usually not using the many electronic resources other special education teachers use to help students.  I am also seeing most students in regular education who use those resources as not coming from special ed but having sufficient support from home so they are not falling into special needs that would later require mainstreaming.  I also see many elementary teachers pushed for time and curriculum that usually leaves short some students already in regular education but due to lack of time and resources then finding those students falling two standard deviations behind in school.  I would love to see teachers and school systems begin working on building long-term intrinsic reward in students that will enable those students to learn more on their own.  This would help mainstreaming students from special ed by allowing more time and support to help them and in addition help maintain the academics of those students already in regular education.  I feel our push for more in the classroom without helping students learn on their own at home and enjoy the whole learning process will create a further divide those students who do well, supported from home, and greater number who are not getting sufficient support at home or at school.

1
0