amanda_27
amanda_27 asks:
Q:

In regard to hiring, I was wondering how long it usually takes after a job offer is made for the school board to approve the new hire?

I recently was offered a position on the spot after an interview. I signed the first contract and was told I would be recommended to the school board to be hired. It has been 4 days since then, and no word and no contact back from my emails thanking the interviewers for their time and stating how excited I am to join the team. I am afraid I may have done something after the interview to "turn the principal off", or I could just be paranoid since it is my first teaching job and I am nervous. I have a 100% clean record, so how long does it usually take to hear back? What are reasons for not approving a new hire? Thanks!
In Topics: Jobs/Careers

|

AKnaup
AKnaup writes:
Generally at their next scheduled board meeting.  At the end of the summer, around this time, it can be within 24 hrs or a week.

0
0