concernedmom318
concernedmo... asks:
Q:

what can i do about retention to a disabled child in the hospital homebound program

my son is in the hospital homebound program due to his disabilities he has made all a and b since grade school. They didnt give him the fcat in the third grade then when they gave it to him in the fourth they claimed they didnt have anything to compare it to and held him back. I tell him he is in his regular grade because he dosent know any better. But in a few years it will be time to get a diploma how disappointed he will be when he doesnt get his diploma with other kids his age. It dosent matter I just want him he;athy and happy so much has been taken from him why take this too they are giving me the runa round about this I am thinking about taking it to the school board who should i talk to about getting him in his right grade he is disabled and im not in denial about his education what can i do
In Topics: Learning issues and special needs, National education standards and No Child Left Behind

|

Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk.

This appears to be a question that may need to involve someone in your area well versed with educational IEPS.  ( I would assume that your child has an Individual Education Plan - IEP). Also, it could be a matter of attendance, which is guided by state law, so please refer to your school board office, as well.  

Also, please feel free to check out  http://www.WrightsLaw.com for information about educational laws.

Best wishes-

Louise Sattler, Psychologist

0
0

bycrzy18
bycrzy18 writes:
i would talk to somebody....if not in regular school and he has problems maybe he can graduate with a special education diploma. sounds like he knows alot about what might be going on.

0
0
Anonymous