senseiioo1
senseiioo1 asks:
Q:

Should I risk putting my daughter in situations that could be dangerous for her because of her food allergies?

My daughter whom is four. she as severe fool allergies which some are inhalent such as milk, peanuts, and eggs. If she smells any of these she goes into complete anaphlaxis. It is very hard to take her anywhere she is for the most part around grown ups. I would like to inroll her in preschool do to the fact she lack being around other children she needs to be  other children but how do i do that with such severe reactions. Which risk do i take the one where my child is isolated or her Friendships.
In Topics: Friendships and peer relationships, Nutrition

|

mheyman

An estimated 4-5% of children and adolescents have food allergies, some of which can trigger anaphylactic reactions.  Pediatricians or other health care providers can help diagnose the problem and provide Epipen to be available at home and in school settings in case of emergency.  Written plans should be available in the school and are developed by parent/child working with teachers, administrators, principals, etc.  
Further information, including possible prevention of food allergy by starting with infants, can be found at the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) web site attached.
1
0

fritzr
fritzr writes:
Jaime- If you want your daughter to live a life full of valuable experiences then it's important that your daughter learns to work with her allergies instead of hide from them.   That said, if just the smells cause an allergic reaction then she has very severe allergies indeed.  I would talk to your pediatrician about the best way to introduce her into new social settings so that she's completely safe and well provided for.  It will also be important to work closely with the school administrators and staff so they know what the allergies are and what to do if something goes wrong.

1
0
qwas
qwas writes:
no you should not

0
0
Anonymous