Q:

Is it safe for my preschooler to take playgroup (preschool class) and 4 courses at once per week?

"I'm a working mother. I have 2 kids (3 years old & 4 Months old). I need suggestions here. We're considering:

1. Preschool class (3 times a week - Tue Thu Sat)
2. Swimming Class (2 times a week - Fri Sun)
3. Math Class (2 times a week - Mon Thu)
4. Reading, Writing & Computer Class (2 times a Week - Wed Fri)
5. English Class (2 times a week - Mon Thu)

Is it safe for my preschooler to take playgroup (preschool class) and 4 courses at once per week?"

Asked by Camara via email.
In Topics: Preschool, Helping my child with school work and home work

|

Allyn Anderson

As a working mother, I am exhausted just reading the list of activities. But, my answer really depends on you and your child and the amount of stimulation your child requires.

If your working schedule allows you the flexibility you need, consider the preschool class and maybe one other. Young children need time. They need time to play, time to think about things going on in their lives, and time to synthesize their new learning. As parents, we don't want to rush them. They need time to watch and learn from others, that's why preschool is a great experience for children. It gives them time to see how others do things and to learn to play and socialize with children at their age level.

A book I found really helpful for me was The Hurried Child: Growing Up Too Fast Too Soon by David Elkind.

Hope this helps in your decision-making!

0
0
Anonymous