tcg711
tcg711 asks:
Q:

Which is safer: Nasal Mist or the H1N1 Injection?

I have two children, ages 3 and 5, and the nasal mist is the only thing available right now to protect them from H1N1.  I am aware that the mist is made from a weakened live germ as apposed to the injection which is made from a dead germ... what are the side effects of either?? is one worse than the other???  

I guess the question is do I take a chance and use the nasal mist or wait for the injection for my kids???

Thank you!
In Topics: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)

|

Both are safe vaccinations.  The injection poses some local muscle pain for a short time after injection.  The nasal mist can cause temporary congestion and may induce wheezing in an asthmatic child.  Since it takes up to two weeks for either vaccine to be effective, I would choose what is available.  However, I would clear it with your children's pediatrician first.

1
1

shihab
shihab writes:
My six year old got h1n1 nasal spray (live virus) 2 days ago. He has been sick since. He is not eating well, complaining of stomach ache, had 102.0 F fever 2 times went down with tylenol, coughing, coughing up slimes and vomiting what ever little he eats, wheezing at times while sleeping then couging and waking up, we are wake too. I think it was a mistake allowing him to get the mist.

1
1
cathy11
cathy11 writes:
check out vaccination liberation's site.  ph miracle living, neither one advises the shot or nasal mist.  both have reactions, side effects and no one knows how you will respond now or later.  Please be informed with information that tells you the true ingrediants rather than being scared because the news cannot get the truth out there.  There have been deaths, miscarriages, countries who have pulled these vaccines off there shelves and so many more.  Knowledge is a powerful advocate

0
1
Hi, Please consult your children's pediatrician about your concerns with their health (including in regards to the vaccines your children have received).

For informational purposes only, here is a special edition on Education.com about childhood immunizations and vaccinations.

http://www.education.com/special-edition/childhood-immunizations-vaccinations/

Childhood immunizations have significantly reduced the number of children affected by devastating diseases, yet unfortunately, there still remain many myths and misinformation about them. The special edition on Education.com focuses on factual, evidence-based information from multiple disease and health experts.

You may also be interested in this special edition focused specifically on H1N1: http://www.education.com/special-edition/swine-flu/

0
0