Pedro14
Pedro14 asks:
Q:

What should I do if school is bring me down?

I live in Maryland and my school has standard and advance classes i think i should be in advance but my teacher said my test scores are do not reflect the scores of an advanced kid  but I know for a fact it does! my teacher always tells me that even if your advanced or standard colleges are only going to look at test scores and grades but my feelings are really hurt because i am in one advanced class but it was only because my vice principle told my teachers i should be in one! what should i do i have no hope of being in advanced classes!!!

|

DrBMelton

You are interested in taking advanced classes. Since you are in one advance placement class, how are you doing? Are you able to keep up?

The teacher is not the expert on college admission or test scores, which only indicate how you did on a particular day (rather than holistically). Speak to the school counselor and found out if there are courses available online or dual credit (college-level courses taken as a high school student). Advanced Placement classes are taught at a higher level of competency. You can challenge any placement and ask to be enrolled in an advanced class.

Learn more about how colleges/universities make admission decisions by researching the institutions in your area. Attend college fairs, talk to the school counselor, go to the campus for a tour.

0
0