Anonymous
Q:

How can you be sure the school you have your child in is meeting the needs of your child?

Hello, I am the father of a 3rd grade boy.  My son excels in math and science but struggles with reading and writing.  We work with him at home on a regular basis.  The school that he is enrolled in seems to be a worksheet based school. I never see him with books from the school. Our daily progress report tells us that he received a "green day" which means he completed all of his work and behavior is good. Never has any homework as well.  When we go to his parent/teacher conference we are told his reading and writing is affecting his grade.  I don't want to continue to punish my son if the school is not holding up their part in his education.  What do I do?
In Topics: Learning issues and special needs, My Relationship with my child's school

|