alawishes
alawishes asks:
Q:

where do you go when school or police won't help

a girl has been bullying my granddaughter whom I have guardianship of for over a year to the point of having adult people come on campus to attack her they come to my house refused to leave the girl has thrown things at my granddaughter, pushed shoved her down, verberal slurs the police and school know this and do nothing at beginning of school they were called in office the principal told them he had no help this year so he would tolerat nothing but still he does nothing because he is friends with girls grandfather
and they are the school board  

|

Typically we encourage parent's or guardian's to document every instance of what happens and when.  After compiling some evidence, take their concerns to the school principal and let them know what is going on.  If over time things have not improved, then we encourage them to go back to the principal and let them know and to continue to try and work with the school instead of against them.  The next step is to go to the superintendent or the school board.  Because you have tried all these things and nothing has been done to make sure your granddaughter is safe, you might want to consider a transfer or home schooling.  

It also sounds like you've had to get the police involved and they were not helpful.  The next step is to contact your county attorney.  Present the county attorney with your documented information so you can find out how to press charges against these people.

We hope that you find these suggestions and advice helpful.  Please take care and remember that you can call the Boys Town National Hotline 24 hours a day at the number below, free of charge to discuss any parenting issue.  We are here to help, you are not alone!

Chris, Counselor

1-800-448-3000

0
0

tinawynn2009
tinawynn2009 writes:
get you a educational rights lawyer band also take it to the media keep up with everything that has happen and is happening keep records of everything also witnesses get names etc. hope this helps.

1
0
sherryc72
sherryc72 writes:
Please check out the website link below.

0
0
phillipanthony
phillipanth... writes:
yes , this once happened to me. This kid took me behind the school building and threatened me , it was bullying. i told my mom and dad and my mom was pretty mad. she first went to the school principle , he did nothing to help , all he did was make excuses for the kid. my mom then went to the police who did the same thing. No help at all.  soon my mom went to the school district and they did something, they contacted the school and made sure that kid was out of the school, so i think the best way is to contact the school district.  hope this helped

0
0