lovebyrd23
lovebyrd23 asks:
Q:

School Refuses to Release Transcripts

old high school in alabama refuses to release transcripts based on the school's councelor's relationship with  my ex girlfriend, how is this legal? There are no fines or anything like that. Several attempts have been made for me to obtain my transcripts so I may get my high school diploma through an adult education center, even the adult center requested them and still no transcripts where sent. I have tried speaking with the principal on several occasions but there is always some reason I cannot speak with him, such things are theres a football game, a teacher meeting, career day, you name it i heard it. What should I do to get them from this backwoods boonhick place?

|

Try contacting the school board member for your area/district.  Most of them are elected and will usually listen.

If all else fails, reach out to your local news stations.

1
0

fritzr
fritzr writes:
You might try calling the superintendent for the school district that the school is in and explaining your problem.  School transcripts really have nothing to do with the superintendent but that person is in charge of all the schools.  They or their staff can then make a simple call to find out what the hold up is.  If nothing else it escalates the issue above the school level.

1
0

Adding to the suggestion you've already received, here is some information on Education.com to help with communicating with school administrators and educators: http://www.education.com/topic/parent-teacher-relationship/

0
0
Mrs_Mclane5
Mrs_Mclane5 writes:
You could contact the Department of education in county that your school is in or contact the school district

0
0
kevin_edu
kevin_edu writes:
I would document the School's refusal to provide your transcripts and escalate the issue to the School/PTA and or your local district office. If this does not yield any results, contact the Department of Education for the State of Alabama. You may also need to seek legal counseling if you cannot get anywhere to determine if the school has a legal basis for any of the actions they have taken so far.

1
0