Hayleyread
Hayleyread asks:
Q:

How do I get the school to understand her learning needs being auditory as the teacher has said to her "singing is for babies"

In Topics: Learning styles and differences

|

Hello and thank you for your question-

I believe that a teacher- parent conference may help to clear the air (so to speak) and also help with sharing information regarding your child and the instruction used in schools. If this does not help, consider connecting with the School Psychologist or administrators to assist.

0
0

TeacherandParent
TeacherandP... writes:
What teacher says 'singing is for babies'?? Opera singers sing, rock stars sing and make millions of dollars doing it.
But not every teacher can sing... it's not clear what you'd like the school to do but it's not every teacher who'd be able to sing directions or instructions. It's not every teacher who'd be comfortable with one child in the room singing answers to questions. But no teacher should say 'singing is for babies'.
Parenting a child through school especially when a child has special learning needs is a great challenge. It never ends. I have a son with significant learning issues and it was a 12 year struggle with the schools he was in to have them try to accommodate his learning needs. Some teachers are certainly better at it than others and some teachers are certainly better about it than others.
I'd suggest trying to find what teacher in the grade ahead would be best for her and then requesting that teacher and I'd do that every year she's in school as best you can.

0
0