ms.mom03
ms.mom03 asks:
Q:

what is better school?

hi im a parent of a first grader and had a qs she was in a all english class her kinder year and she started reading and writing in English their opening a bilingual school near us and was wondering if it would be a good idea to transfer her over but i dont want her to get confused cause i guess they will teach her more in spanish than english so my qs is do u believe it would be good or she might get confused and not learn either one since her stronger language is english
In Topics: Choosing a school

|
1Sherri
1Sherri writes:
Personally; I believe it is better to learn both with while they are young. At this age; they have no expectations of what they should be learning, so they are more receptive of whatever it presented to them. My sister lives in Mexico, and teaches young, and older students English. She says the younger ones catch on much more quickly. If you want her to learn a second language; I believe it would a good time for her. - Hope this helps. :)

1
0
TeacherandParent
TeacherandP... writes:
I'd see no harm in enrolling your daughter in a bilingual school. You can explain to her what a bilingual school is so she doesn't become confused and tell her what a great opportunity it is to learn two languages. Children can learn two languages at once and in many countries outside the U.S. children learn two or even three languages at once.

1
0
Houli
Houli writes:
Have you visited this school to get answers to the types of questions you raise?  The answer to your overall question is likely to be your decision.  For example, how do both your child you feel about the teachers and administrators you meet?  Are you comfortable with the curriculum?

The bottom line- you need to visit, ask specific questions, and then make a decision that is right for your child.

0
0
ms.mom03
ms.mom03 writes:
i did visit school and my concern is that they are going to be teaching spanish /english -90%/10% of course they tell you all the advantages and i do believe its good to speak a second language as well but since their teacing more spanish i dont want to confuse my daughter and then she wont learn correct english since she just started learning to read it and write it

0
0
jessie.v
jessie.v writes:
it's depend 's upon your child's mentality.
it's better to know that and also the view of your child. in my view it's better to learn both the languages as he/she is in the starting age, they may feel hard for 1 or 2 months but later it will be alright !

0
0