Living_Large
Living_Large asks:
Q:

Is sending a child to a wellness/weight loss camp a good or bad thing?

Hi
I sending a child to a wellness/weight loss camp a good or bad thing?
In Topics: Camp and summer enrichment, Exercise and fitness

|

Edu-Katherine
Edu-Katherine writes:
Hi Scott,<br />
<br />
For some people, the verdict is still out. It probably depends an awful lot on the actual camp. I don't have any personal experience with these camps, but have seen several documentaries on such wellness/weight loss camps. The kids do seem to come out with more self esteem, healthier eating habits and good friendships and experiences. &nbsp;Now of course that is what we are shown on television and naturally negative experiences are not shown, I'm sure. &nbsp;I would also imagine that the key to success in any of these programs is the proper followup and continuation of the healthy habits at home. Exercise, good nutrition, possible continued visits to a counselor. &nbsp;Your experience will be your own, but I would say that the first thing to do is really investigate the camps, speak with the parents of kids who attended the camp and do your homework and be prepared for proper followup at home once the child gets home.<br />

0
0
Anonymous