Dantheman22
Dantheman22 asks:
Q:

Is my sister cutting herself?

Hi, my sister is 13 years old. She always wears jumpers, long sleeved t-shirts even when its 20-30 degrees (Celsius) i am 90% sure she cuts herself on the wrist i haven't said anything about it or asked her about it but she is in her room quiet often supposedly watching true blood and vampire diaries please tell me what to do she says she used to get bullied on facebook and ask.fm what should i do about this? Thank you anyone who replys!!
In Topics: Cutting

|

It sounds like you are a really concerned sibling. The concerns you have a valid and if you feel like there are signs that she might be cutting, it would be best to talk to your parents and let them know what might be happening. This way your parents are the ones confronting her about the behavior, while you can still be there to comfort her. Let her know that if she ever needs to talk, that you are there for her!
The website below offers great tips for teenagers and there is even information about cutting.

JV, Counselor
1
0

real-Maro
real-Maro writes:
you have to check her arms while she is asleep, its the only way to know if she is cutting her self or not , and if you discovered that she is doing that, then you have to tell your parents or someone big from your family cause its not a small issue that you can deal with it alone

1
0
Tilliemillie
Tilliemillie writes:
If she used to get bullied, then I am so sorry to say but probably. You can not do anything to hide them scars now, but talk to her and prevent her from making more. You need to show her that she has someone to turn to if she ever feels low. So she won't go getting the razor, knife, scissors, pin, or what ever she used... Tell her that your here for her, and if she asks you to keep the promise, don't tell anyone. Even your parents. She needs someone she can trust to turn to, you'll find out soon because she can't keep those long sleeves on forever. Don't stress yourself out, you never know, maybe you're just paranoid and nothing has actually happened. I wish you and your sister the best. Stay strong <3

2
0