Anonymous
Q:

My sister is gay, and i don't like her girlfriend, and shes cutting herself!

my sister is gay. shes going out with this girl , and i really dont like her. shes really mean. i feel like shes taking over my sister. shes the middle child, and i feel sad for her. shes been burning and cutting her self for son long and shes lieing to my whole family about her cutting and everything. she was rushed in an ambulance for many reasons. she was sleeping and, well, everyone thinks she sees people. if  i try to talk to her, she yells at me about it. PLEASE HELP, IM REALLY SCARED!
In Topics: Teen issues, Cutting

|

You sound like a very caring and helpful sister! We are sorry to hear your sister is struggling so much and is harming herself. It sounds like she is confused and could use someone to talk to, but she seems to push you away. This must be very difficult for you.

Continue to let your sister know you love her, you care about her but you are very worried about her. Keep your parents informed if you find out she has done anything to harm herself. You can also think about going to a counselor or pastor for more advice and support. If she is suicidal, do not hesitate to call 911.

Consider giving your sister our Hotline number and website as a resource. You don't mention her age, but we are here to help teens and young adults with any issue. As a concerned sister you can also call and speak with a crisis counselor. Here is our contact information:

Toll-free Hotline: 1-800-448-3000
Website: www.yourlifeyourvoice.org
E-mail: yourlifeyourvoice@boystown.org

Keep reaching out and we hope to hear from you and/or your sister in the near future!

Cynthia, Counselor

1
0

GodreauGirl
GodreauGirl writes:
Hi... I would recommend you speak to a counselor at your school and tell her what is worrying you about your sister. She needs help not because she is gay but because she is hurting herself and she is in a relationship with a person taht is only going to make her feel worse, therefore the problem with her hurting herself is only going to get worse. If you can find a family member that you trust and that can help you find help for your sister and your family so that your family work all together to help her (maybe an aunt, an older cousin, etc.) but be sure that you can trust the person. You can also go to a government agency like the children's department in your area and ask for a counselor or a psychologist or they can direct you to the right agency for help. I admire you for caring for your sister, not all sisters are so caring as you.

Don't give up on helping her but for now I wouldn't touch the subject with her until you find guidance on how to approach the problem with your sister. Blessings!

0
0