pawan249
pawan249 asks:
Q:

MY SON IS 2 YEAR OLD BUT ONLY SAYS 4;5 WORDS,IS IT A MATTER OF CONCERN.IS IT BCOZ OF HE BEING IN A NUCLEAR FAMILY.

MY SON IS 2 YEAR OLD BUT ONLY SAYS 4 TO5 WORDS,IS IT A MATTER OF CONCERN.IS IT BCOZ OF HE BEING IN A NUCLEAR FAMILY.HE SHOWS ALL THE EXPRESSIONS,UNDERSTANDS ALMOST EVERITHING BUT CANT SPEAK.IS IT BCOZ OF HE BEING VERY PLAYFUL AND MISCHIVIOUS.HE IS THE ONLY CHILD AT HOME.I M A HOUSEWIFE AND MY HUSBAND IS IN PRIVATE SECTOR AND FAILS TO GIVE MUCH TIME TO THE CHILD.WHAT SHOULD WE DO TO HELP MY CHILD TO LEARN SPEAKING QUICKLY.
In Topics: Learning disabilities, Speech and language issues

|

Please connect with your local school district main office and ask to speak with someone who is in the early childhood assessment program. They can advise you as to the next steps and local resources.

0
0

TeacherandParent
TeacherandP... writes:
Children develop at different rates. Some talk early and others later but it's not because he's mischievious. Mischievious children speak and playful children often speak a great deal. Have you talked to your child's pediatrician about this?
Has his hearing been tested? Whatever else you do, I'd start by talking to his pediatrician or your family doctor. I'd get a hearing test to make sure he is hearing well. Then I'd consider putting him in a preschool a morning or two a week. My own son was a late talker and preschool helped him to improve his language skills.
Meanwhile, do you read aloud to him? Read aloud every day but most important is to get his hearing tested.

0
0