jchambers2599
jchambers2599 asks:
Q:

My son is going into 6th grade with an IEP. He has had the IEP for about 4 years and it has worked wonders. Nevertheless he is not where he should be.

My question is how do I get him into a good high school? His state wide testing scores are not going to do it. All of the good schools here in Chicago require high Isat scores. I am concerned for his safety if placed in the "ok" schools. Do the better schools have to take a certain amount of IEP?
In Topics: Learning disabilities

|

I would contact the schools you are interested in send your son to for HS.  Ask to speak to the ESE specialist or better yet make an appointment.  If you can get an appointment, make sure you have evidence/documentation that proved that your son belong at that particular school.  

Another option maybe to consider sending him to a charter school.  I would follow the same procedure as mentioned above.

Hope that helps!

Barb Kruger
www.lessonpop.com

0
0