pattibfricks asks:

How can I get my son who has Asperger's Syndrome prepared for college?

I would like a detailed transition checklist so I can structure a program at his high school. It is not enough to say here are some of the things he needs to know. I want a checklist that covers everything but is more in depth than just, "work on social pragmatic language" that ready's him for college.
In Topics: Autism & Aspergers Syndrome

Hello and thank you for writing to Justask!

Many times a School Psychologist in conjunction with special education teachers and speech and language pathologists have formal behavioral criteria that helps to determine at what age a student should be performing certain skills.  You may wish to contact your school professionals and ask them if they have anything to share with you that would be helpful with constructing a checklist or perhaps have access to one already designed. Also, community colleges/ universities may be of guidance to you, as they can give you an idea as to what entering freshman need to know and how a student of Asperger's may be best successful in their environment.  (Such as have special technology within the classroom, eat in quieter cafeterias, etc.)

Also, these parent support groups often have people who are very knowledgeable about materials available in different locals throughout the United States.

Louise Sattler, NCSP
School Psychologist

graham writes:
I can't give you a detailed check list, but I can point you to some of resources has on Aspergers. There is a special edition on Aspergers:

Which includes a section on 'beyond high school'. Some of the articles seem relevant:

Hope this helps.