momof3boys1970
momof3boys1... asks:
Q:

What if my son was assaulted at school and the teacher who helped break it up did not report it or do anything about it?

Last week my son was assaulted by another boy in the hall at school.  He took 4-5 punches to the face and neck before two students and a teacher broke it up.  My son went on to his next class (no blood or broken bones) but the teacher who helped break it up, did NOTHING to report it.  My son came home from school and did not tell me what had happened. The next day my son was getting more threats on twitter and through texts not only from this young man but also his friends. So he went to administration to report what had happened.  Everything was on video and something is being done now.  However, my concern is that it was not reported and taken care of right away.  Is there anything I can do?  

|

Your concern is that the teacher did not report the "assault", and you want the bullying of your son to stop. Had this been reported, early intervention may have made the hurtful behaviors stop. You are very concerned that Twitter and other social media are used to threaten and harass your son.

Ask your son what he would like for you to do to support him. By not telling you that he was in a fight, he may see having his mother complain may make things worst.

You need to express your concerns to the principal of the school. Are teachers required to report fights, assaults, or other forms of bullying? How does the school prevent bullying? What action occurs after a bullying incident is reported?

0
0