Mommiebear asks:

My son attends montessori and is due for kindergarten.  I feel he is ready but have concerns regarding his emotional well being during the transition.

In Topics: Kindergarten readiness

CreativeRac... , Child Professional, Teacher writes:
I'm glad you are concerned about his well-being during this transition.  The differences between Montessori programs and Kindergarten is that Montessori is an alternative method, more play based, focusing on self-directed activities with teachers being facitalitors.  Kindergarten is more like school with planned learning activities and less focus on individual play.  It's a big move and one that may cause stress if the child is sensitive and or having a hard time adjusting.  
The following is an reference article based on transitions

The last one refers to steps you can take in the summer to prepare your child just before kindergarten

Good luck,
And I hope this helps,