faizyn
faizyn asks:
Q:

How can I make my son concentrate and make more friendly in class?

My son is 6 years studying in first grade. He does all work but very slow. He understand all lessons given in class and good in studying. He is very quiet boy. Teachers complain that he is carefree boy and always starring in class.
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), Anxiety

|

Your son is having some difficulties paying attention in his first grade class. He studies and understands the work, but his pace is slow. The teacher reports that he is careless and acts out in class to get attention.

Developmentally, you describe your son as capable and studious. He takes his time on assignments and may be frustrated. He may be slower because he may fear failure or wants the assignments to be perfect. He is also quiet in class, which tells me he is not acting out to get attention. There is a big difference in what the teacher sees in class and your perception of your son in school.

Talk to the school counselor about your concerns.

0
0
Anonymous