mady58
mady58 asks:
Q:

Could my son be experiencing teacher bullying  if he is being disciplined in front of class?

An instance of cheating was reported to the teacher by another student with group corrected math papers.  My son finishing the test after the fact and got caught for "cheating" on this timed multiplication test.  This  lead to his lying about the situation.  Now the teacher is looking for him to not tell her the truth.  She is now disciplining him in front of the class on a regular basis. What should I do to help him?
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), Bullying and teasing

|

You are concerned about whether the "discipline" in front of his peers is bullying behavior. This situation could be construed as excessive discipline if your son is being humiliated, embarrassed, ridiculed, or harassed more than one would consider appropriate for the offense of cheating and lying. Has the discipline corrected the behaviors? Is the discipline excessive and caused more problem behaviors?

Please talk to the counselor at your son's school and voice your concerns.
As a result of the discipline, what reactions have you observed from your son?

1
1

pinkydisanto
pinkydisanto writes:
Not really. If he is acting up then no. But if not, then maybe. I would call the school to report the teacher.

2
0
ConnerMichael
ConnerMichael writes:
YES! BIG TIME.

0
0