Anonymous
Q:

Is my son gay? I love my gay friends but I wouldn't want my son to endure what they did.

My son is 6years and 3months old, and for the last 3 months he has being saying time to time (probably 5 times total) that he is a princess, 2 days ago he put one of my necklaces as a crown, and I said he was one, then 3 days ago he said he was pretty, I just answer short, like "you are not a princess you are a prince" or you are handsome. Today I have cried silently all day because he woke up and I was still on bed and left my pink bra on my bed, and he simulate to put in on and told him not to do that and asked him why did he put it on his chest to what he answered "I want to be a girl". My son has been masculine since he was tinny, from the way he stands up, and to the way he plays with trains and cars. He likes to get dirty, enjoys watching live sports., 5 months ago I took him with his friend (boy) to the movies and his friend kissed him on the chick he pushed him away and said "boys only marry girls, don't you understand?, His favorite color is blue and sport is golf, he likes a girl from his school and thinks he is marrying her "I want to grow older and older and older with her".
I have been finding him playing more with girls, I ask why isn't he playing with the boys and he said he is tired to run, and it is true he has been tired for many months and we ran a lot of medical tests and nothing came, we have more doctor's appointments. I am wondering if because he is playing more with girls he is getting girly or because he lives with mom 90% of the time, or he is gay.
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family, Self esteem and identity

|

Being gay is not a matter of choice.  Sexual orientation is determined by nature and it will be up to your son to become either in the future when the time is right.  In the mean time, enjoy your son for who he is!  If he persists that he wants to be a girl, you might want to consult with a pediatric therapist.

0
0