PeterCaron
PeterCaron asks:
Q:

My son is very intelligent and musically gifted why can't he seem to make friends?

He is  11. He can solve any kind of Rubic's cube quickly. He has perfect pitch and plays piano like a dream.  I've witnessed him among his peers and they like and respect him, but they don't seem to relate with him. He is lovable, kind and helpful to everyone but he feels the pain of rejection when tries to make a friend.  I want to help him, but don't know how.
In Topics: My gifted child

|
ihatemyself108
ihatemyself... writes:
Maybe he  needs friends that are as gifted as he is they might be able to relate better to him and understand him more

0
0
IQBlech
IQBlech writes:
Because of everything you said in your post.  He's highly intelligent, musically gifted, can solve a Rubics cube in 5 secs flat. In short he has nothing in common, and never will have anything in common, with most people.  I could say find him little friends as gifted as he but as parent your job is to introduce him to the world and he needs to learn how to act around people who are not his intellectual peers.  Hes going to need industrial strength social skills.  He needs to learn to discuss things his little mates are interested in, at their level.  He needs to learn to discuss stuff he's interested in with those who can appreciate where he's coming from, if he can find any.  He has to learn to dumb things down and get used to the idea of being "alone."

0
0