hazelmmm
hazelmmm asks:
Q:

If and when my son get married, his wife and my family will speak different languages and will not be able to communicate?

Me and my family are all french but me and my husband moved to America 2 years ago. Me, my husband and my son can all speak English and French fluently but the rest of my family can't.. so I was just wondering what is gonna happen if and when my boy gets married (obviously he has a LOT of time but I am a bit curious) if the rest of my family come over to his wedding they won't be able to communicate with my son's wife unless there is a translator which would be really awkward..
My friend happened to point this out to me the other day and now I am really worried, has anyone else been in this situation? Where the wife can't speak with family?

ps: I think I chose the right topic...
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Teen sexuality and dating

|

Do not worry, people are able to communicate via gestures. And, it is never too late to discuss with your family members about the value of learning each other's languages. The internet makes learning basic phrases and conversation easy to learn, as does programs such as Rosetta Stone.

1
0