alexa911
alexa911 asks:
Q:

How should my son prep for the Catholic High School entrance exam?

My son is in all Honor classes in 8th grade and has a 94 yearly average. Does he need prep classes for the  Catholic High School Entrance Exam??? Does anyone have any input??? I really want him to get in the school of his choice and we're also hoping for some kind of financial help...
In Topics: Tests (preparing, taking, anxiety!)

|
KidAngel
KidAngel writes:
Hi Alexa911,
It would all depend on the ranking of the school from which he was graduating from the 8th grade. All Honors in one district does not necessarily mean honors in all school districts. I work with 6 different school districts in San Diego and they all are a little different in their standards. As a gerneral rule most Catholic schools are at least 4 to 6 months ahead of most public schools. If your heart is really set on him getting in Catholic School then I would call the Catholic School and ask them to refer you to a good prep classe that would fully prepare your son for their Entrance Exam. Trust me that this is a question that they have been asked many times and they can give you the most suited options. Good luck, I was a teacher in several Catholic Schools and the academic curiculum was always superior. When he gratuates from Catholic High School he will be able to write his own ticket for most any College he would like to apply to. Good Luck and best wishes for a successful 4 years at the Catholic School!

Barbara Antinoro
Educational Counselor
Kid Angel Foundation
Education.com Team

0
0
Sarahmcathy
Sarahmcathy writes:
Get your son to practice verbal reasoning, Numerical reasoning, Mathematics, Essay writing, Creative writing and reading comprehension.
Also make him wear a cross, it would make him look even better.

0
0
Show me another question in this topic