Benitrs
Benitrs asks:
Q:

What to do when my son is shunned by his friends.

My son is 9 and about and 6 months ago another parent accused us of hitting their son.  It was not true.  Their son was tapped on the shoulder by us because he was going to fall down the bleachers at an event and my husband wanted him to turn around  and sit down before he fell and attempts to talk to him did t work because of the loud event they were at.  Now the other parents, who were drunk at the time that they found out about it are accusing us of hitting their kid and being abusive. Nothing could be further from the truth . My own kids don't get hit little own someone else's.   Now those parents are trying to keep other kids away from my son.  I know it sounds immature on their part but I have never had to deal with such a situation.  There is no talking to them. The step- father is completely over the top irrational while the mother says she knows all is fine.  I am afraid of my son being isolated by others and lonely.  He is shy and sensitive and I want him to make some new friends but he really likes these boys. Any thoughts?
In Topics: Back to school, Friendships and peer relationships

|