soniczilla
soniczilla asks:
Q:

My son was threatend on the bus and he stood up for himself.the other kid told on my son and he got in trouble and he other kid didn't. What to do?

Member Added on Nov 5, 2013
We talked to the teacher and she said the other kid is to nice and sweet and she beleives him so he's not in trouble. It makes no sense my son was in the wrong by egging the situation on and not reporting it to the bus driver, last I looked two kids were involved and two should be punished? I mean he threatend to punch my kid in the face and my son said go ahead your a sissy. And this is the first time he's ever been in trouble. I just want it to be fair, and for my son not to be judges that way.

|

It is difficult as a parent when you feel that your child is being treated unfairly.  Sometimes as a parents we have to "choose our battles".  Is this an incident that you feel you need to bring to the schools attention, or is this an opportunity to teach to your child that sometimes life is just not fair?  

If you feel this is an incident that you need to bring to the schools attention, then the best advice we can give you is to take your concerns to the school principal and let them know your son's side of the story.  Try not to enter this meeting with the principal with a confrontational attitude, instead try to approach it with a sense of teamwork to make the situation better.  Please keep in mind that it might not change the principals mind or the outcome.  Your son still might have to serve his consequence (whatever it might be).  

If you feel this is an opportunity to teach to your son a "life lesson", then try to help your son deal with what he is going through.  Let him know that there are certain things in his life that he have control over and others he does not no matter how hard he tries.  Teach to him that when others treat him badly, he truly can only control his response to what they say and do.  He can fight it or he can shake it off and move on.

We hope that you find these suggestions and advice helpful.  Please take care and remember that you can call the Boys Town National Hotline 24 hours a day at the number below, free of charge to discuss any parenting issue.  We are here to help, you are not alone!

Chris, Counselor

1-800-448-3000

0
0

Gerg.the.egg
Gerg.the.egg writes:
Your child needs to come up with better comebacks and maybe he wont be punished.

0
0