Mommyacl asks:

Starting out as a single mom

I have two children by my girls father we been together for ten years. I am not married to him. We have not been getting along lately. It's been a unhealthy relationship. He has more money then I. Everything is under his name. I want to move out and move on with my life without him. I don't know how to start the move. I'm scared of change, and don't want to struggle with my kids. How do I go about with moving when he has everything and I don't?
In Topics: Motherhood, Divorce Issues
> 60 days ago



Jun 14, 2014
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

I'm sorry your relationship is not working out. Have you tried counseling?

If you've tried your best, and are determined to move out- then money is definitely an issue.

Start looking for ways to save money. Look for a job.
Also- find an attorney that can create a separation agreement, so that he is paying you child support.

I wish you the very best.

Kindest Regards,

Shirley Cress Dudley, MA LPC NCC FACMPE
Founder and Executive Director of The Blended and Step Family Resource Center

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely