Anonymous
Q:

My step son "hit on" me... sexually. What should I do?

I have been married 3 years and we have a 2 1/2 year old son who we adopted.  I have a 25 year-old step son who is the baby's bio-dad.  He and his wife have recently split and last week my step-son hit on me.  (No, it's not possible I misinterpreted his meaning.)  My husband and his son already have a rocky relationship.  He has been in a lot of trouble and never been much for holding a job, lies constantly, steals constantly, and has almost no respect.  I know if I tell my husband their relationship will be completely over.  I am now uncomfortable whenever their conversation heads anywhere near relationships, sex, or females in general.  And 3 times in the week since, my step son has mentioned liking older women.  He doesn't live with us, he only comes over to see the baby on visits.  Do you have any ideas on how I should handle this situation?
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family, Adoption and foster families, Blended families

|

ShirleyCressDudley

I appreciate the delicateness of this situation.

Be honest with your stepson. Tell him you love his father, and your relationship with him, your stepson is just that- a stepmom. Tell him you don't imagine any other type relationship with him, but want to have a good blended family relationship.

Ask that all sexual references or propositions cease immediately, and him give you the respect as his dad's wife.

Other than that, continue to be the best stepmom you can be. I wish you the very best.

0
0
Anonymous