msamyrox
msamyrox asks:
Q:

How do I stop my 16 month old male twin from taking everything away from his female counterpart?

My baby boy is almost always "stealing" whatever his twin sister has, no matter what it is.  To me, it seems like outright "bullying," and I don't know how to stop him from doing it.  He'll run her right out of a chair she's sitting in by climbing on top of her and forcing her out or grab any toy she's playing with and take it away.  I'm a single mom, and oftentimes while I'm preparing meals in the kitchen or cleaning up afterward, he takes full advantage of the fact that I'm 10 or 15 feet away, and intimidates his sister by bullying her.  She usually just gives up whatever it is that he wants and turns away, but it's never-ending... and it makes me sad and upset.  I love my kids so much, and try very hard to give them equal love and attention... I just need to know if there is any efficient and reasonable way to correct this behavior, because it's got to stop... for everyone's sake.  
In Topics: Discipline and behavior challenges, Parenting siblings, Parenting multiples

|

At 16 months of age, children do not understand the concept of sharing.  Therefore, the best approach is to set a good example, and with time your child will learn to share.

0
0
Anonymous