Momof3Girlz
Momof3Girlz asks:
Q:

How to Stop a 20Month old from kicking doors or Walls?

My daughter for the past 2 days has nothing but been kicking at her door or jumping on her chest, I close her bedroom door at night and the next morning she starts kicking at her door I know she is telling me that she is awake but when she is still tired she fights going back to sleep. Even when I have her door open with just the gate up while she is playing still kicks the door. I have yelled at her to stop but she does not listen nd she does not know the meaning of time out, How can I get her to start listening to me better? I do not believe in hitting a child any advice would be helpful Thankyou

|

You are right, time out will most likely not work for your daughter, but neither will yelling.  It will only get the both of you upset.  First, when she does it, ignore it if at all possible.  She most likely does it to get a reaction from you and it seems that she succeeded!  Second, remove her from the situation if it gets too annoing.  Pick her up, say no, and take her to a different room.
Be consistent, so she know what to expect every time she kicks the door!
0
0