Mom24
Mom24 asks:
Q:

What can I do to stop my daughter from subtly excluding children. There are only 3 other children in her small 1st grade class at school.

My daughter is ahead academically in the class. She does not maliciously exclude the other girls - but she pairs up with one in particular or at times 2 of the girls and then the other child or children get pushed out or neglected. If she is reminded, she will invite them - but it is something that is constant and inadvertently hurtful. I would say it is subtle bullying. We often have discussions about including other children, etc. and it is usually in a positive way - but it just isn't sinking in. And it is magnified in such a small setting.

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_...
In Topics: Bullying and teasing, Friendships and peer relationships, Discipline and behavior challenges

|
Anonymous