ohiomommy
ohiomommy asks:
Q:

How to stop a teacher from humiliating my 5 yr old in school

My 5 yr. old has trouble snapping his pants after he goes potty and the teacher refuses to help him and makes him go all day with his pants falling down.  He is humiliated by this and the teacher refuses to stop.  I contacted the superintendent of the school via email and vm and he has yet to respond. What to do?

|

EdieRaether

Persist.  To humiliate a 5 year old is totally unacceptable.  I would also work with your child to help him learn to snap them which also solve the problem.  I would write the superintendent every day and would take further action if you after a  few calls or emails you are not getting a response.  They should be concerned about that teacher's behavior.
0
0

Munemj
Munemj writes:
First of all, it is important to understand that bullying does not only have to be between students.  It seems as though your child's teacher is bullying your son.  She may feel that your son will eventually HAVE to learn to button his pants out of necessity.  However, since you have contacted the superintendent and he/she has not responded, make an appearance at the school and express your concerns.  You can also perhaps speak with your son's teacher yourself.

1
0
kerrbare2001
kerrbare2001 writes:
As a teacher myself, this is completely uncalled for.  The child is five years old!  I have plenty of children in my class who need help buttoning and unbuttoning, tying shoes, ect.  If I were you, I'd go to the school and demand to speak to the principal.  Teachers are there to teach and help children.  That's our job!  Hope this helps!

1
1
Arnaz
Arnaz writes:
This is really bad. Rather than contacting thru email , I suggest you to go personally and check with superintendent as well as teacher.

0
0
ohiomommy
ohiomommy writes:
I have contacted teacher and she refuses to stop, an email was sent to principal- no response, email to superintendent and a vm- no response.  The next time my son comes home with his pants undone we are going to call the police and request an investigation for fault play.  If I go in person to the Superintendent I will probably go to jail I am so irate over this.  Who lets a little boy sit around all day with his pants undone? Sounds fishy to me.

0
0
cerebrito
cerebrito writes:
I completely agree with ohiomommy! I too would be in jail. You should really go to the school and sit there until they listen to your concerns, and talk to other parents to see if they are having the same problem, more than likely you will get some support from them and be able to change what is going on. Never go alone to any of the meetings, just so you have a second pair of eyes/ears. Write a letter and cc the education complaince coordinator, and follow up on the process. I am sure if she is doing this with your son, she has done something else with the other children. We expect teachers to set the example, but we are seeing more and more that they are the ones bullying our children over and over again. This behavior has to stop!

0
0