dahelena
dahelena asks:
Q:

Do you have a suggestion of how I can recycle 24 cardboard, powdered supplement cans with plastic lids for a craft for children to do: K-6th grade?

The craft must be begun and finished within 20-30 minutes. The children take the finished projects home with them at the end of the class.
In Topics: Family fun / holiday celebrations

|
jenna

Best Answer!

go to any paint store and ask for the books of wallpaper designs(they throw them in the trash at the end of every year) then let the kids pick out which paper they want, dampen with water and have the cover the cans & lids with the wallpaper. Cut a slit in top for money.  And they have a cute money bank.  You could even do plain paper and let them personalize their bank with sayings such as "toy fund"  "baby doll fund"  "Nintendo DS fund" whatever they are saving for. or use their name "Delaney's bank"

2
0

bob , Parent writes:
With Fathers Day approaching, make decorative labels for them with wording like "Spare Parts" or "Mystery Parts" or "Loose Screws" or the like and give them to fathers as a place to keep all of those strange screws, nuts, bolts, springs, and mysterious parts that we find around the house from time to time and don't want to throw away, knowing that some day the source of the odd part will become clear,  and then the part will be very important

Fill them with soil and plant green beans.  Use the lids just so that the "pots" get home safely.  The cardboard sides should hold up long enough to get the beans sprouted and into the garden in 3 weeks.

I'll post other ideas if any come to mind.  I hope you get more suggestions.  I know how these things pile up!

2
0
dahelena
dahelena writes:
I found it very difficult to decide which one to choose as The Best Answer, since both were so good! I will be using one of these suggestions in a few days for VBS at our church. Thanks very much to both of you! dahelena

1
0
lovely95138
lovely95138 writes:
YES YOU COULD MAKE DRUMS,AND BINOUCULERS!

0
0