Anonymous
Q:

How do I talk to my teenage son about me seeing him in bed with his male friend?

A few days ago I came home from work early since I wasn't feeling good. I'm a single mom and have a great relationship with my two teenage sons and heard my youngest who is 14 upstairs in his room, I walked up to ask him a question and noticed his bedroom door was not fully shut, as I got closer I saw him in bed with his best friend who is also a 15 year old boy.

I know what I saw and I know he didn't see me. How do I even start to bring this up to him? I don't want to embarrass him or ruin our great relationship.  
In Topics: Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

I am sure that you are now experiencing many emotions in regard to your son and his recent (possible) sexual encounter which you witnessed.  

Communication always is key to a healthy family and trust within the family.  I would be inclined to reiterate any information you have shared (and perhaps add)  on safe sex practices, sexual exploration, and a parent's unconditional love and respect for their children.  This starter conversation may open the door for you to engage in other honest, albeit difficulty, conversations.

I also would offer for him to discuss male sexuality with another male, such as trusted relative, mentor, etc.

Thank you for asking this question. I am sure you may have asked something that others wanted to know, also.

0
0

genermcmillan
genermcmillan writes:
Try to contact and discuss the things like a friend..Please keep always a chemical bond with your family members.

0
0