dagr8kel
dagr8kel asks:
Q:

Teacher wants to hold back my daughter another year in preschool due to "processing" issues...

Was called in on the last day of preschool and told that they recommended my 5 yr. old repeat preschool. She is in a very good and demanding private school. She knows all the stuff, she is smart as a whip and before entering the class knew all her letters and letter sounds, numbers to 20 and could read 75 site words, but, they said she was just having trouble "processing it" mainly in a group setting. I have taken her to the doc and was told she is above where she should be for her age and she thinks she is bored.  She is an only child and tends to be a bit shy in the classroom. I feel like the teachers are with her 6 hours a day I should take there advice seriously, but don't feel she needs to be held back.  They say "they don't feel like holding her back will help the issue, however, they feel like she will be left behind if moved up. Any suggestion of help I could give my daughter over the summer that would work on the "Processing" of the work would be appreciated...
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness

|