Vipin0108
Vipin0108 asks:
Q:

How the teacher professional development can be measured without observing their classrooms?

How the teacher professional development can be measured without observing their classrooms? This question seems important to measure the performance of  teacher educators who are hardly connected to classrooms of children but have responsibilities of developing highly professional teachers who could improve learning levels of children, especially primary grades children.
In Topics: State education standards

|

I don't think it can.  In my opinion, teachers need on-going professional development that includes learning, trying, observing and reflecting.  It's a cycle.  There is one pro cress out there called Lesson Study.  If done correctly, it can be a game changer in the way teachers grow professionally.

1
0

TaraLawful
TaraLawful writes:
Well, it’s actually possible. There are teachers and there are those who train and coach teachers. You don’t have to be associated with students to do that kind of job well. On the contrary they may inspire other teachers as well as come up with magnificent ideas and teaching methods. I've added a site below where you can find useful information on the topic as it was something we needed to discuss during our professional development training. So I think your classroom management ability is not always crucial to measure your teacher’s skill.

1
0
StephenDacre
StephenDacre writes:
Nice post! But in my opinion teachers can grow professionally with regular learning and observing certain facts. It is not necessary to teach the students every time for the measurement of classroom management ability. One can measure a teacher’s ability by his ideas and skills

0
0
tzwriting
tzwriting writes:
You need to visit to look for another answer

0
0