jhzbk23
jhzbk23 asks:
Q:

Can a teacher/school not tell you information assignments and then use it against you later?

Hello
I am currently enrolled in K12's 10th grade online homeschooling Honors and AP courses.  During the first semester of school I was enrolled in Honors Literacy and Analysis 2.  The only difference between regular classes and honors is the your have five extra assignments to complete.  During the school year I completed 4 out of the 5 assignments.  The reason I didn't complete the 5th was because I was out of town and when I came back the assignment was closed and worth almost no points so, I didn't think twice about completing it.  At the end of a year I finished the course with a B.  I just recently got an email (how K12 students and teacher communicate) from my Honors teacher saying that I completed zero of the five assignments and that she is removing the honors title from my transcript and I will be ineligible for AP classes in the future.  I sent an email back with proof that I had completed all but one of the assignments.  After discussing back and forth she changed her point and said "All five assignments had to be completed in order to get honors credit, regardless of the effect they would have on your grade".  After reviewing all emails, course material, and etc. I have found no information that this is true and no information that these assignments were mandatory to complete.  I feel that the teacher doesn't want to admit that she made a mistake and have to fix it.  How should I continue this issue? Should I contact administrators?
Email jhzbk23@yahoo or res

|