Luckyblonde
Luckyblonde asks:
Q:

What can someone do to make their teaching resume attractive and stand out to possible employers?

My daughter has a NYS certificate in Elementary Ed from 1st to 6th grade.  She also has her Master Degree in Elementary Ed with technology.  She has subbed for 5 years while getting her Masters and is often requested for subbing.  But she needs a full time job.  She is willing to relocate if necessary.
In Topics: National education standards and No Child Left Behind

|

Houli

The fact your daughter is willing to relocate is critical, as the recession is causing havoc with teacher positions as well. She needs to pick out the states she is interested in working in and then go to their Department of Education website and find the link to job opportunities. Most of the southern states, for example, have areas on their websites about teaching positions because they are always looking for qualified teachers.

It may be a bit too early for the latest up-to-date availabilities of jobs but this should evolve quickly over the summer months.

1
0

ilovechefwilliam
ilovechefwi... , Teacher, Caregiver writes:
A good portfolio is great to have.  I took a one inch binder and put dividers in for different things I had done.  IE. how to use technology in one, lesson plans, classroom set up, behavior plan, and so on.  I put all of my information in individual clear sleeves, so I could take the page out and pass it around.

0
0
LDSolutions
LDSolutions , Child Professional writes:
In California, so many teachers are getting laid off right now due to budget cuts.  There is still a high demand for teachers with a math, science or special education credential.  These teachers get hired - because there is such a need for them.  Regular multiple subject credentialed teachers are not finding work easily.  It might pay off for her to specialize in one of these fields.

0
0
KatyJordan
KatyJordan writes:
I think she has good education history and has chances to find good full time job. But today too many unemployed are seeking for good jobs, too. Perhaps, she needs professionally written resume and cover letter, as these documents help to impress an employer before he sees a job applicant. Besides, many employers spend 20 seconds or even less to scan a resume for the first time. These documents should be well written and this professional service (see below) can assist greatly

0
0