Anonymous
Q:

I am a Texas teacher who will possibly be moving to Missouri soon. Can anyone explain the differences in the school systems (testing, standards, etc)?

I am interested in information on:
Certification - how are the grade levels separated? In Texas it is EC-4, 4-8, 8-12.
Testing - in Texas we have the TAKS, which is extremely stressed throughout the year. Is testing as much of an focus in Missouri (or is it more of a focus)? What subjects are tested at each grade level?
Standards - I'm trying to find WHAT is taught in each grade to help me determine what I want to apply for (like the TEKS in Texas).
Anything else I need to know...?
In Topics: School and Academics, State education standards

|

bob , Parent writes:
Education.com has a page that pulls together links to articles about each state's standard.  The URL is below.  Starting on this page, you can scroll down to the Missouri article links, go there and on that page you'll find some summary information and even more links off to the Missouri state government pages providing details.  You may find what you want there.

0
0