NerdMom42
NerdMom42 asks:
Q:

Thinking about home schooling, any recommendations?

I am a single parent with an education background. I have the ability to work from home and teach in higher ed in the evenings. My son is advanced for his age and is already bored in preschool. Any advice would be great, I want to be well informed before I make my final decision.
In Topics: Homeschooling

|
buttram6
buttram6 writes:
Are you on facebook?  There are many many support groups for homeschooling there...The Old Schoolhouse Magazine, Practical Homeschooling are a couple.  Most curriculums are going to be faith based.  Just do a search for homeschooling curriculum.  ( and if you prefer secular put that in the search)  Timberdoodle is a fun, hands on option, Five in a Row, My Father's World, Abeka Books, ACE,  Heart of Dakota, Bob Jones University (BJU) are just a few of the more popular companies.  There are many free options for preschool and kindergarten, just do a search... Www.abcjesuslovesme.com,   Www.allinonehomeschool.com,      Www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com.   Make sure you do a full investigation of you states homeschooling laws.  Most do not require that a 5 year old be enrolled in school.  Some states require a certain number of days, testing, grades and lesson plans to be turned in, etc.

1
0
TeacherandParent
TeacherandP... writes:
Go to google and punch in the name if your community and homeschooling or similar words. Make contact with the homeschooling families in your community. Talk to them. Over the years your son will want some friends and you might want to engage in some organized activities with other homeschooling families.
You might also try to find a different preschool - they' re not all alike.

1
0