bvargas
bvargas asks:
Q:

Today my son was pushed at the bus stop and was told that he was too white to speak to the young men. Can i report this to the school?

I dont know if it can be reported to the school since it isn't school grounds but if other incidents occur i would like for them to know whats going on. I am a little hesitant to speak to the mothers because i do not want it to cause more problems for my son. I just need some advice cause I'm not sure what to do. My motherly side is telling me to call the school and talk to the parents but i also know that it may make it worse for him.

|

Yes you should make a report with both the school and also the bus transportation services.

You may also want to consider doing the following options.

1.  Put your concerns in writing, prioritize and document your main concerns.  Specific but concise written communication, along with your desired outcomes will be very important.  
2. Provide this document to the school.
3. School districts have superintendents and boards of education that assist in making decisions regarding issues that are not resolved within a school; as a result parents can contact them with all unresolved issues.
4. If you have worked with everyone within the schooldistrict and feel that there is still no resolution, you can contact your state's Dept of Education.

Hope this helps with your situation!

Boys Town National Hot line
1-800-448-3000

0
0

toasttoasttoasty
toasttoastt... writes:
If the bullies keep harassing your child, if would calmly and politely speak to the parents of the bullies. If all else fails, and the situation escalates, I would contact your local police station. If the parents are not willing to put an end to thier child's behaviour, then say that you're not going to deal with this.

Worse case scenario, move your child to a different school or speak with the principle until the issue is solved.

0
0