Anonymous
Q:

Transfer my child from one school district to another school district

We are right on the boarder line of Azusa unified and Glendora unified school district and would like my child to attend Glendora unified. My decision is base from this website test ranking and want the best education possible and should not be base on boundaries Glendora schools are a lot closer to my location vs Azusa schools also I will have to write a letter why to transfer district any suggestions? Child care and convenience close location my not be approved. Any suggestions or inputs will be appreciated.
Thanks  
In Topics: School and Academics, Public School

|

Lonnie K. Chin

Hello!  Check with the Glendora School District about their policy regarding out-of-district enrollment.  Generally speaking, they will allow out-of-district students only after Glendora residents are assigned to schools.  Therefore, you will be allowed to enroll your child if there are any left over seats.  By accepting your child, the Azusa School District will release funding to Glendora.  You will probably have to fill out a form or write a letter. Your reasons are very reasonable.   Good luck!

3
0

Anonymousmom
Anonymousmom writes:
Hello, i used to live in covina 4 years ago and my son was going to charter oak district then we move to azusa like you at te border line of glendora.so i went to the azusa district to ask for a transfer and they denied my petition and i was about to appeal when they gave me the transfer. The elementary school he is going is really good(rank 8) but its until 6th grade and middle school is rank 7 but its kind far from my home.to be honest i dont want to go that far for a middle school that its 7 score cause in glendora are 8 or 9 and its really near my home,but im afraid to have the same problem as before and actually they decide to leave him at azusa district(azusa school rank are 5 or 6) i dont know what to do.Dear anonymous how you did ?they gave you the transfer?

0
0