MummyYvonne
MummyYvonne asks:
Q:

Having trouble with my two year old son at bedtime

I have changed my two year old son cot into a bed and since i have am having trouble with him sleeping now I still do the same bed time route with him, bath after tea then pj's (which I pick for him), then down stairs to get ready for bed then he as about hour play and we go up at 7pm I read him a story book ( but he plays up for me to read more).so I read another and another so after 3 books I say night took him in and give him a kiss and tell him mummy loves you. Then bang soon as I go to walk  out his bedroom he kicks off so I tell him to lay back down and have to sit were he can see me a little bit but that's when he starts throwing things at me, biting him self and getting out of bed and hitting the floor and being really nasty and naughty towards me and him self so I tell him that's not nice and not to do it again and he just laugh and tells me No but I don't know what to do can you please HELP ME am having sit on his floor for nearly 2 hour every night for two weeks and I don't know if i can take much more he just doesn't listen to me one bit thanks in advance for your help
In Topics: Discipline and behavior challenges, Single parent families

|

This is a great article about bedtime routines that you might find very helpful.

http://www.parenting.org/article/when-bedtime-is-a-nightmare

Everytime you go back into his room or read another book to him you are re-inforcing his negative behaviors. It sounds like you have a really good bedtime routine going and you need to stick with it. This might mean that you have to listen to him cry himself to sleep for a couple of days, but he will learn and adjust to the routine.

1-800-448-3000

0
0