tarzantoo
tarzantoo asks:
Q:

Who do you turn to when your college athlete daughter is being bullied by her coach and she has been retaliated against for reporting past offenses?

In Topics: Working with school administrators, Bullying and teasing

|
clearing
clearing writes:
As a parent who is very familiar with bullying, I went to the coach and shared my "I " feelings about what I thought I might I have been seeing and asked it to "stop".  I then shared a piece of information only she would know.  Yesterday, my daughter quit the team due to an infraction from another team member that could only have been shared through her.  Tomorrow I fully intend to go directly to to Athletic Director and share this information and ask for an investigation.  Even if they do nothing at this point, this coach will have eyes on her in addition to a black mark on her record.  If we stand by and do not say anything, we are as guilty as the bullies.  We just have to be clear we are just not interferring with our children growing up.   This is our third child.

1
0
Matie101
Matie101 writes:
If her coach it bulling her that is not right to to the school and tell off the coach or tell the princable and if that doesn't work then change schools

1
0