Q:

I am currently unemployed and am seeking assistance for school supplies for my children.

"Please let me know who to contact or what steps I would need to take. Thank You."

Asked by Greg via email.
In Topics: Back to school

|

Allyn Anderson

Greg, you might consider contacting non-profit service organizations in your geographic area. One can often find these listed in the phone book. If you can't easily find them, then call a local church and ask what services might be in your area to hellp. It sometimes takes several calls to find what you are looking for, so don't be discouraged.

0
0

Hi Greg,

I think it's great that you're reaching out for assistance, and you're definitely not alone. My sister is a teacher, and in these tough times, she often has parents come to her with similar situations. Teachers are sometimes in a better position and have more resources to acquire donations than parents -- as they're often offered things like leftovers from office supply stores. Your childrens' teachers may also have more knowledge about programs in the area that can help.

Additionally, if you can provide us with information on where you live -- city and state -- we can also try to help you track down more specific programs to assist you. For example, I've read about businesses partnering for back-to-school programs where they provide backpacks filled with school supplies to families who need some support this coming school year. Generally, parents are just required to fill out an application to get approved.

1
0
sunset67
sunset67 writes:
Depending on the area you live in you can contact your local salvation Army or social service department.

1
0