MelonSeeds
MelonSeeds asks:
Q:

I don't know what to do about my unreasonable father.  I hate being in my house.  I hate talking to my father.  Please help.

Hi, I'm 14 years old and currently attending high school.  I have lived with my father for over 10 years since he and my mother divorced and gained custody of me. Though he has always been very strict with schoolwork & grades, it's recently gotten worse. He has been yelling, chatising and being more unreasonable than usual. He keeps bringing up events that I've done in the past and treats them w/more severity than I think is necessary. These events include: forgetting to wash the dishes, forgetting to vacuum, not taking a shower earlier and not sleeping earlier. I'll admit, I have done these things more than once and I understand that it is not right and I have been trying to improve but his behaviour is making this impossible.  He currently works a construction job. He states that he cannot get a better job because of me (I don't know), he constantly threatens to send me to live with my mother, he has a terrible temper, he doesn't listen and he believes that he is always right. I've worked hard this past year in finishing my grade 9 courses, passing with honors and a high average. I have a small group of friends whom he has expressed no interest in getting to know. I have never done drugs, experienced with boys or broke curfew.  I've contemplated leaving but I have nowhere else to go since my mother in uncapable of raising me & I have no relatives in Canada.  Please help me, I hate having such a terrible relationship with my father but I don't know what I am doing wrong.
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family

|