Imajeanarium
Imajeanarium asks:
Q:

I've found a small bone and would really appreciate help in identifying this unusual find.

I have a small bone from a reservoir outside Roanoke VA. Since then I have had no luck identifying it's source.
It's small just over 2 1/2 inches from tip to tip. There are two identical 'sides' connected at their tips on one side by the remainder of some flexible joint material.
The true oddity is found on the inner surface of each piece.
On the bones about 2/3 of the way up, each side has five protuberance. The one furthest forward (toward where the two seperate bones connect) is shaped like a knob rising out of a socket. Behind that are four more surfaces arrange in a U pattern behind the first 'knob'.
The heads of each knob in back are flat and smooth with a lined pattern on each surface.
I thought they were teeth but the bone is a continuous single piece. Horns?!?! Help!!
I need to know! :) if anyone has an idea or wants a pic... Email me at gnostickarma@gmail.com
Thank you all!
In Topics: Nature and outdoors

|