celticwoman
celticwoman asks:
Q:

wanting to kill myself

i'm wanting to kill myself i do not see any reason to live when people will bully me, make fun of me and having to go through a grandparent who is always very sick. It is hard on me right now and i do not have anyone close to that really listens. They just say the same thing oh i'm sorry but they don't say do you need someone to talk to about what your feeling?

|

We are sorry you are experiencing such immense emotional pain.  We are glad you are reaching out for help.  That can be hard to do, but it is the first step toward feeling better.

Please speak with a professional about your feelings, they will not simply tell you they are sorry and then leave you be.  They will explore why you are feeling the way you are feeling and help you problem solve your situation.  It can be very helpful and depression (which is very common in people who have suicidal thoughts) is very treatable.  We hope you can find a school counselor to speak with about what is going on with you.  

You could also call our hotline 24 hours a day, free of charge, and we would be happy to talk with you about your thoughts.  Please remember that the emotional pain you are experiencing is only temporary, you can feel better, especially given enough time.  You have a lot of life ahead of you that could be full of happiness and joy, please don't cheat yourself of that.  We hope you can call us ASAP.

Please take care of yourself and stay safe!

Counselor, NZ

Boys Town National Hotline-A Resource for Parents and Teens
www.YourLifeYourVoice.org
1-800-448-3000
Friend us on FACEBOOK today &
Access the live on-line support feature on www.yourlifeyourvoice.org  8-11p CST M-Th

0
0

bunnyman
bunnyman writes:
If no one is willing to sit down with you, try a therapist.  Their job is to help you and only listen to what you say.  In the mean time, take joy in the things you do by yourself.  How many saltine crackers could you eat in a minute?  Push yourself to do the things that you enjoy, not what anyone else says.  Then share those experiences with your grandparent.  Your happiness can help bring them some as well.

0
0
Mother-goose
Mother-goose , Parent writes:
I've been there 3 times in My past, I am 50 years old.  You've made it this far, the school year is almost over.  Muster up Courage and do exactly what I am telling You, it works.  Wait til the last day of school, do it first thing in the morning, and tell the bully that is causing the most trouble to look out, the same fear will be in their heart.  This summer get a hobby, even if you are not good at it, surround yourself with people who are active in something - Art, Basketball, Golf, Tennis, Bible Study, Cooking, etc., something and maintain lifelong friendships throughout the remainder of Your Academic years.  There is strength in numbers.  Go into next year walking in power, love, and a sound mind.  This verse is for You, "The LORD is my strength and my shield;
 in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;

0
0
NMMOM
NMMOM writes:
Please don't kill yourself.  Call the suicide hotline immediately - 1-800-784-2433.  They have people to talk to that understand what you are going through and they WILL listen and help you!  It's a free call and anonymous.  Please try it.  You have the right to live in peace and not be bullied.  Bullies are very insecure people and need to hurt others to feel power.  You have to get information on how to cope with this and hopefully stop it.  Keep a daily journal.  Write down everything said or done to you and by whom.  Do you have a school counselor you can also talk to?  Please do not let others take your life away from you - do not give them that power.  Find out what you can do to help yourself.  I am so sorry that you do not have an adult to help you right now. Call the hotline!!

3
0
Hi celticwoman,

Please call the hotline mentioned in a post below. The number is 1-800-273-8255. It's available 24/7, and it's toll-free. There are experts trained to help, and you don't have to go through this alone.

My heart breaks for you, and I'm very sorry you're feeling this way. Please call the hotline...

Alex
Community Team

1
0
childpsychmom
childpsychmom writes:
Let me start by saying that you have taken the first and hardest step in getting better, asking for help online.  The next step is talking with someone about what’s going on in your life.

Even though it may seem hard, it’s so important that you talk to a trusted adult in your life about your thoughts of wanting to harm yourself and the bullying that you are experiencing.  Even if you have tried already, it's important to try again.  Some examples include your parents, grandparents, a teacher, the school counselor or nurse, a doctor, a pastor, or a grown up that you feel comfortable sharing with.  Let them know that you are being bullied and that you have been thinking about hurting yourself.  If the first person that you tell doesn’t take you seriously or doesn’t help, then try talking to someone else.  Just don’t give up!

Once you tell an adult, they should help you get to a psychologist or a counselor.  A trained therapist can provide you with the support you need and be available for you so that you can talk about your feelings.

In addition to telling an adult and seeing a therapist, there are also telephone hotlines available that you can call 24 hours a day to talk to someone about what you’re feeling.  Even kids or teenagers can call these numbers!  If you’re thinking of hurting yourself, you can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).  They are also able to help if you are being bullied and need to talk about what to do.  If you are being abused or are in danger from being hurt by someone else you can call Child Help 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453).  No matter what though, if you are ever in danger of being hurt (either by yourself or someone else), you need to get help.  If it is an emergency, call 911.  

I am attaching some links for more information about how to get help including the hotlines you can call.

All the best,

Polly Dunn, Ph.D.
Child Psychologist

www.ChildPsychMom.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/childpsychmom
Facebook: www.facebook.com/childpsych

1
0